Wednesday, April 23, 2008

going rural...


My Friends,

This week I embarked on a trip to areas of the United States seldom-visited and all too often forgotten by our nation's leaders. I am doing this because I want to learn from the people who live in these areas. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to visit Alabama. During my trip I spent time in the towns of Selma, Gee's Bend, Camden and Thomasville.

It was an honor to visit Selma, a place that held great significance in the Civil Rights movement. I was also fortunate to visit the Gee's Bend quilters, who gave me such a warm welcome - I thank them for their hospitality. I hope you will take the time today to follow this link to watch a video straight from the campaign trail.

My friends, I am traveling to these places because if I am to be President of the United States of America, I'm going to be the president of all the people. I will work for all people and I will listen to all people. By understanding the challenges - and they are enormous - that these Americans face today, I will be a far better president.

There must be no forgotten places in America. I have always believed in this country, in a good America, a great America. And I have always believed we can build a better America for all people. This week, I'm traveling to places where great Americans are still fighting for change to make us a better country. I am going to meet and learn from these patriots.

I am running for president as a different type of candidate and I ask that you join my campaign today.

Sincerely,


John McCain

P.S. My friends, I will continue to travel to places across our country that are too often forgotten to meet and learn from the Americans who live in these areas. I am doing this because if I am elected President of the United States, I want to be president of all people. Our campaign has put together a special video featuring highlights from yesterday's stops in Alabama. I invite you to follow this link to watch this special video and, if you are able to, make a generous donation to our campaign so that we may continue our good work. Thank you.

No comments: