Wednesday, March 5, 2008

McCain wins nomination



Dear Friend,

Last night, we did it. We won the Republican nomination for President. It was a long, up and down journey, but we worked hard, spoke honestly to the American people, and our steadfast determination has paid off.

As we come to the end of our party's primary contest, we begin what will certainly be a spirited and hard-fought campaign against the Democratic nominee. In November, Americans will have a clear choice to make. And I intend to fight as hard as I can to make it very clear that I am the candidate with the experience and leadership to serve as our commander in chief from day one.

My friends, I write to you today because I know we have a great challenge ahead of us. This campaign will be more expensive than any other in our history and I ask you today to support my campaign by making a generous contribution of $50, $100, $250, $500 or $1,000.

As president, I intend to reduce the size of the federal government, reduce your tax burden and win the war against Islamic extremists. My Democratic opponents will increase the size of the federal government, raise your taxes and withdraw our troops from the front lines based on an arbitrary timeline.

I have said before that this election will be about big things, not small things. And as president, I will make the hard but necessary decisions to lead our country in solving our greatest challenges. Today, we must unite as we face either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama in November. I ask that you join me today and make a financial commitment to help our campaign replenish our resources.

I thank you for your support and look forward to the campaign that lies ahead of us.

Sincerely,

John McCain

P.S. My friends, now that I have secured enough delegates to be the Republican nominee for president, I ask that you support my campaign by making a contribution right away to replenish our campaign funds. As we end our primary contest and begin what will be a competitive general election against the Democratic nominee, I stand ready to lead our nation as we face great challenges, and it is my hope that you will join my campaign today. Thank you.

No comments: