Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I just joined the Ron Paul Revolution

Dear john o'linnean,

Thank you for signing up to receive email updates from the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign. This email is confirmation that we have received your contact information.

We depend on supporters like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy. If you also indicated you are interested in volunteering, we will contact you soon with more information.

Please add this email address to your email address or contact list to ensure that you will receive future messages.

Thanks for joining the campaign!


________________
From Politics Watch:
I just want to say that while waiting for his email to appear in my inbox, I read through some of his speeches and writings. While Dr. Paul is certainly an articulate man and well educated, I found one speech of his that troubled me. By troubled, I mean that I may personally disagree with many of his policies and such, but this one tells me why he's not my man: It was about the "war on christmas." I understand that this might be a prickly subject for the more religious of us out there, but it's interesting that someone who wants to strip down the government as much as possible also wants to keep Christmas and Christianity as a big part of the government. I honestly don't care about public institutions putting up santa clauses and snowmen in the office (being raised a christian), but I don't think that removing religious symbology from government property is as antithetical to the Founder's intent as Dr. Paul would like to think. Additionally, as I stated once in an editorial to my hometown newspaper, commercial ventures that switched from "merry xmas" to "happy holidays" are merely responding to market research that they probably won't lose any customers but might pick up new ones by making the switch. It's not about god, it's about money.

And with that, I hope to avoid any more personal interjections into this blog. Ron Paul emails will still go up as they come in.

No comments: